If you’re a worker in India, particularly in the unorganized sector, you may have heard of the e Shram Card. It’s more than just an identity card; it’s a symbol of the Indian government’s commitment to improving the lives of workers and providing them with the support they need to thrive.
The e Shram Card has several benefits for workers in India. For instance, it helps the government keep track of working conditions and wages in various sectors, ensuring that workers are treated fairly and receive fair compensation for their labor. This information can also be used to advocate for better working conditions and wages for workers in the future.
e Shram Card Download 2023
The e Shram Card is a government-issued identity card for workers in India. It serves as proof of your identity and links you to various welfare schemes and benefits offered by the government. This includes things like health insurance, pension plans, and unemployment benefits. The card is easy to obtain and provides a secure, easily accessible record of your employment history and uses.
- You should not be an income taxpayer to apply.
- If you are a member of EPFO or ESIC then you cannot apply for this scheme.
- Your age has been fixed as 16 to 59 years to apply.
- Only citizens of the unorganized sector can apply.
Why Should I Get a Shram Card?
If you’re a worker in India, getting a Shram Card is a no-brainer. Not only does it provide you with a convenient way to keep track of your employment history and benefits, but it also makes it easier for you to access the support and resources you need to succeed.
Here is a list of benefits provided by the “e Shram Card”:
- Proof of identity and employment status: The eShram Card serves as a valid proof of identity and employment status for workers in India.
- Access to government welfare schemes: The e Shram Card links the worker to various government welfare schemes, including health insurance, pension plans, and unemployment benefits.
- Financial services: Workers with a e Shram Card can access loans and other financial services, making it easier for them to build a better future for themselves and their families.
- Record of work history: The Shram Card serves as a record of the worker’s employment history, skills, and benefits, making it easier for them to find a job and stand out from other applicants.
- Improved working conditions: By tracking working conditions and wages in various sectors, the e Shram Card helps the government ensure that workers are treated fairly and receive fair compensation for their labor.
- Better access to government benefits: The eShram Card provides workers with better access to government benefits and support, helping them to lead a more secure and stable life.
For example, if you’re injured on the job and need medical treatment, having a Shram Card makes it easier for you to access the health insurance and medical benefits you’re entitled. And if you lose your job, the e Shram Card makes it easier to claim unemployment benefits and find new work.
How Do I Get a Shram Card? Apply Online.
Getting a Shram Card is easy and straightforward. All you need to do is visit your local government office and provide proof of your identity and employment. You may also need to provide proof of your address and other relevant information. Once your information has been verified, you’ll receive your e Shram Card in the mail within a few weeks.
- Go to the official website: esharam.gov.in
- On the homepage, you have to click on ‘Register’.
- Fill in the mobile number linked with your Aadhar card.
- After the registration form opens, you have to fill in all the details asked correctly.
- After filling in all the details click on submit button.
- Now, your registration is completed.
In conclusion, the e Shram Card is an essential tool for workers in India. It provides you with a convenient way to keep track of your employment history and benefits, makes it easier for you to access the support and resources you need, and demonstrates the government’s commitment to improving the lives of workers in India. So if you haven’t already, be sure to get your e Shram Card today!